Because, Racecar

Traction Issues and the first round of broken parts.

By May 27, 2018 September 26th, 2019 One Comment

After getting the cold side finished, and functional… I discovered the truck was going to have a few traction issues….

Testing the turbo after completing the cold-side additions. I couldn’t get any traction to built boost. :-/

After failing to get traction- I decided to replace the rear tires with slightly less-used tires to try and get some more grip. Since- the new rear-end is 8-lug, my old 14″ wide tires will not bolt up…

However- before putting on new tires- we need to remove the old tires… in style!

Burning some rubber.

While burning the tires off- I broke my u-joint. Oops. The very first part broken.

After installing a new, beefier u-joint- I went out to do a few boosted test-hits on the highway, in Mexico.

And…. too much boost. Or not enough driveshaft.
Log capture from when the driveshaft snapped. Only peaked around 15psi.
Share this content

Join the discussion One Comment

%d bloggers like this: